The Nautilus T616 Treadmill is an ideal fitness machine to use for goal oriented exercisers who prefer to track their progress anytime during their workout. One of the main features that stands out about this treadmill is its Blue Backlit Dual Track LCD Display. Call this a treadmill for “control freaks” because it has two (not one) LCD display tracks that show the progress of up to 13 workout details. That means, aside from your heart rate, this machine can track 12 more processes that are vital to measuring the efficacy of your exercise training program. Personally, I love looking at every detail of my workout to make sure I am hitting my fitness targets. If you’re that kind of person, then this treadmill would definitely be a good buy.
Goal Tracking Functionality of the Nautilus T616
What I find amusing about the Nautilus T616 treadmill is its ability to set and track multiple fitness goals at the same time. That means, before you even begin the workout, you can set realistic goals for yourself on what you want to achieve during the exercise. Here are some examples of exercise goals you can set:
- Workout Time – This is very important because a lot of fitness programs require specific timeframes for running. For example, for a crossfit program or a cross training regimen, some may require you to spend an XXX number of minutes on the treadmill before moving to the next workout phase. Setting your workout time on the treadmill in advance will ensure that your workout routine will run smoothly and that you won’t spend shorter or longer minutes on the treadmill than you have to.
- Distance Travelled – This is essential for cardio workouts, where progress is tracked by XXX number of miles/kilometers are travelled during a running exercise. Some people like to set a goal of 1 mile per workout, but others like to challenge themselves by running at least 4 to 6 miles. As you move up to an advanced level of fitness, you can edit the settings on the Nautilus T616 treadmill.
- Calories Burned – Of course you don’t want to crunch the numbers just to find how much calories you burned, so the Nautilus T616 treadmill automatically calculates it for you. Mind you, although the figures are estimates, they are as close to the real numbers as could be. Many users have lauded this treadmill because of its accuracy in determining calories burned.
Aside from workout time, distance travelled, and calories burned, this treadmill can track a total of 13 different workout goals. That’s what the two LCD displays are good for — so you can view all 13 at one time without stopping your workout.
Main Features and Specifications
Has Bluetooth connectivity and charging USB port. Perfect for keeping your portable music player device charged during the entire workout.
- Adjustable incline. You can adjust the incline of the treadmill from 0 to 15% to increase the challenge of running whenever you want.
- Sturdy build. This treadmill is not flimsy. It is actually designed for long term use. Ideal for home use, but can also be a furniture in a gym or fitness center.
- Maximum user weight is 300 lbs. This can accommodate pretty much an overwhelming percentage of all runners/treadmill users.
- Crowned rollers that are 2.5 inches in size
- Speakers are acoustic chambered, which makes way for big sound
Customer Reviews and Feedback
What users of The Nautilus T616 Treadmill likes about is that it has a powerful motor (3 CHP), has Bluetooth capability, and a 2 ply belt. Now if you’re just using the treadmill once or twice a year, you might not feel the need for a powerful motor, but if you are a person who runs several times per week and consistently throughout the year, you will better appreciate a more powerful motor on a treadmill like this one!
At the time of this writing, there are 25 customer reviews for this product and at least 76% of all those reviews are rave reviews and positive feedback from users who are highly satisfied with this treadmill.
Overall, the testimonials and reviews on Amazon are on the positive side. One happy customer said:
“Works as advertised. Still learning the machine and the programs but very happy with it so far.”
Another customer said:
“There are so many settings that you won’t get bored. You can walk on a flat surface or have different inclines and other programs.”
Aside from the positive feedback, there are some reviews that raised some minor points about this treadmill. Andy Ruppe, a Nautilus user, said:
“First, I want to say this is a big item and you need two to three people there at the time of delivery and get it to where it will be”.
However, although most of the reviews agree that the product is indeed a bit heavy, majority of the happy, satisfied users don’t seem to be bothered with its weight at all. The Nautilus product line is built for functionality and sturdiness, and that’s why it comes with a little bit of extra weight. If you prefer functionality over mere weight, this might be a perfect fit for you.
There is a customer of this product in Amazon who said that the LCD displays on his unit is showing slightly inaccurate data. Apparently, this is not true about the product overall. The manufacturer even replaced the defective unit. There are no other reported cases of this problem.
Overall, the Nautilus T616 Treadmill is an above-average treadmill which is ideal for exercisers of various fitness levels. It also makes exercising a little less “boring” for most users by providing lots of functionality, workout parameters, and tracking goals. It is also sturdy, and most real world users of this product are extremely pleased with their purchase and have provided good recommendations for this treadmill.